Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Friday, March 11, 2005

Dental numbness - biofeedback

Yes, I was groggy, getting those anaesthetics in my mouth that early in the morning. Still, as I write, the right half of face is numb and, as I said to the dentist, I lack bio-feedback there. He laughed, showing that he acknowledged me as more than just another passive patient. Tried cycling in through the forest while the numbness wore off - good thing too, as it took me so long to negotiate the ice that the numbness was half gone by the time I got here. Not quite as much ice as that interesting scientist saw in Spitzbergen as he tested his theory that life started in icy conduits and not in fiery deep sea vents. It was amusing, on 3-Sat's program Delta (in German for the non-cognoscenti) last night, to watch the proponents of the fire and ice theories of life's origin courteously exchanging views, and humbly admitting the merit of their 'opponent's' theory. I mean, they could hardly have been more opposed but they were too polite to deny the possibility of a synthesis. Maybe life started in a baked Alaska pie. Mmmmm - my favourite desert - chalk that up to my profile - though I dare not think of sweet things until my replaced fillings settle into bio-feedback mode. And even then there's Lent with its indications of moderation in all things living and dead. So be it, though my stomach growl. Now to report for duty on the satellite front...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home