Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Friday, March 11, 2005

They call the wind maria

Here it is - life in the raw. This is the way things happen - synchronicity I mean.
I was going out for a coffee just now and for the first time in maybe 20 years random subconscious or whatever processes caused me to sing "away up here they got a name for rain and wind and fire. The rain is Tess, the fire is Joe and they call the wind Maria" - and sure enough when I left the building the most mighty gust of wind nearly bowled me off my feet. Strange, as it's now be-calmed again. Such is life. I lovesuch synchronicities. Had a good one recently when I was contacting Ed, proprieter of deasy.com, to plug my new book (Grannies and Time Machines, ISBN 1-905277-45-8 ) - it turned out that he too was keenly into philosophy, had also used Humpty Dumpty to make a point about disparate elements of consciousness, as I do in my on-line article http://www.thegreatdebate.org.uk/Deasy1.html and what's more in one of his main photos titled appropriately 'weird story' ( http://www.deasy.com/dreams/wierd.htm ) , a cicada was crawling across a consciousness text by Nietzsche, reminding one of Jung's Scarab that was his prime example of a dream entering reality in a synchonous fashion. Weird is the word. Wonderful. Isn't life great? Full of sound and fury signifying nothing? Not a bit of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home