Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Yes, time has a habit of passing quickly. Again months have wheeled and passed, summer come and gone and the leaves are turned gold and red again in a nice few days of ‘Golden October’ to compensate for rainy cold days that let us abandon hope of regaining a last few drops of summer warmth. Just had a golden cycle with my daughter through the fields around Frankenstein. It was perfect cycling weather – no mud and not cold or hot. Just right.

As for the inevitable Steorn – ticking over nicely still. Looks more and more serious. Fascinating. If you’re an engineer get in there (the inner forum) – they want more engineers before the year is out…

7 Comments:

Blogger DEK46656 said...

Hi HDEASY. You might recognize my handle from the Heim theory thread over at physorg forum.

Do you know what has happened there? I keep getting a "offline" page, and no response to an email that I sent them asking for an explanation. Do you know what is going on?

8:05 AM  
Blogger blogtrotter said...

Hi Dek46656,

Yes, I recognise your handle. Gdaigle also contacted me about this. I looked there and am also puzzled. I can only hope they are doing maintenance and will resume normal service a.s.a.p. It would he horrible if they had really deleted it.

1:09 AM  
Blogger blogtrotter said...

yes - see e.g. http://www.physforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4385&st=15 - Unfortunately, PhysOrg Forum is currently closed for maintenance

1:40 AM  
Blogger DEK46656 said...

I think this is more than maintenance. "Maintenance" is over night, sometimes longer if there was a problem, etc. This has now lasted weeks (I think).

I wonder if the thread should be taken up somewhere else?

3:59 AM  
Blogger blogtrotter said...

Well, it affects all discussions and threads in the forum - not just the Heim ones. So I'm pretty sure they will restore it soon. As son as they do, it might be an idea to copy tht thread to another server or something.

4:01 AM  
Blogger DEK46656 said...

It appears that the forum is back on line. That had me sort of worried; where would this productive thread have gone if they had not restored? I'm going to bring it up in the forum soon.

6:22 PM  
Blogger blogtrotter said...

Phew! Thanks for tell me, DEK. I was also worried as i lokked in a few days ago and still nothing.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home