Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Monday, October 15, 2007

It was a nice holiday, envy the children

They get a 2 week mid term break, those children, and I had to make do with a measley 3 days. It was good, though - the feeling of relaxation attendant on a time away from the constraints of workaday work. I can't really complain about the work, though - there are people with far worse jobs than I have and worse still, the unemplyed. But still, work of whatever sort is sort of vampirish, draining the life from the worker.

The long cycle wearies the aging bones somewhat and anticipation of hte Monday evening swim lets a tired sigh break from my lips, but I know that fresh energy will come to my aid when I take to the water and I will return refreshed in body and soul.

Took one of the less beaten tracks in the forest on the way back - some beautiful trees there and some fine birds to be seen. Of course bio-diversity is not particularly compromised round here - reports of diminution in bird variety were greatly exaggerated, as a cursory web scan showed.

My Steorn sim is going well, though there are a few unexpected results I need to examine in greater detail. The show goes on and hope is still high amongst the faithful.

Great to hear from some of the old school gang and uni chums now and then... ar fheabhas, as we say in Irish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home