Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Saturday, March 12, 2005

One more nail

Just finished repairing door of daughter N (11 - recall that she’s one of two, the other, C, being 8 – the latter is now with her friend Laura, who just entered the building). I couldn’t find the hammer high or low, so improvised using handle of screwdriver as hammer. That worked, and after a feast of noise (wife B was vacuuming next door) managed to hammer in 4 or five nails to secure the bending side (board? Wainscoting? Stick? Rod? – bahhhh how I hate it when German has a word for it and I can’t find the English equivalent (Latte )). Yes, the period of tranquillity between guests is over. Overnight friend of N, Denise, has been gone since 11 – at 3 Laura showed up for C. Momo the cat was shell shocked by all the hammering and vacuuming – meanwhile she was meowing like mad to get into the same door I was hammering on. But N had locked it as she’s doing secret stuff in there. The snow has melted here in the attic, freeing the windows to let in light from the melting sun. The melt water was gushing down the pipes earlier. Will the sponge of forest absorb moisture well enough for me to negotiate the quagmire on Monday? Or has semi-permafrost hindered absorptive action? Neber did we experience such prolonged snow and ice, at least not within living memory (of a 17 year old, which is the time I’ve been in Germany). Hard to blog with a hammer-weakened arm, but the blog must go on. Have I caught the bug after only 5 or 6 posts? Maybe. It’s said to be good practice for us writers anyway – and with Grannies and Time Machines (GATM) I begin a writing career, I hope. Next on the list: a book on consciousness, genetics etc. GATM was fun to put together – I hope those of you who get it have as much fun reading it. Quite a variety of stories – from 14 page adventure yarns in far-flung planets or times to short 2 pagers about life on Earth – e.g. Grannies rescuing cats and trouble with the neighbours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home