Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sunday suavemente

After a leisurely and groggy Sunday morning I could feel my mental powers sharpening and honing in creativity at around 11. Sure enough my reading speed then accelerated and I began to draw rather well, if I say so myself. The music of the Santana and U2 Cds lent wings to poesy and inspired further flights of drawing. Then I found myself reflecting on the mix of colours in our ice-bound fortress. This is not the wonderful grey of the song of that Hamburgian troubadour who regrettably failed to secure his place in Kiev for the Euro song contest in the national contest for Germany last night. My sock against the air mattress was blue on deeper blue and there were browns, golds and yellows. Throw in the blue tits’ yellow and blue and the woodpecker-family bird who has graced our berry bush as a refugee from the frozen forest and you have a veritable feast of colour. Ooops – pardon me while I take the lunch from the oven… be back in a minute… Here again, after lunch. We parents feasted on yesterday’s pasta parmesan pepped up with garlic and more lemon juice and cream, not to mention additional dollop of parmesan. Worked well, washed down with beer (malt and alt respectively) and topped with a cappuccino. Delicious, for which much thanks. The kids ate separately as they sulked and refused the pasta so I rushed out and got them their Kebabs from the local Turkish joint. Now they will leave me in peace for a minute while I luxuriate in the new sound system’s rendition of Enya. So peaceful and serene. Soon we will drive off to the Odenwald to witness its snowy grandeur and make toboggan down a slope. .. Just back from the snowy drive to Lindenfels where Sigfried rode through mountain mists. Nice stroll round the castle and coffee and cake after scaling the icy wooded slope trail. The children were at times a bit difficult, but somehow they muddled through and a good time was had by all.

I must admit I was a bit miffed that my mother didn’t get the smoking politician of a cousin of mine to invite me along with her to his Roman wedding, but of course she can’t dictate the guest list to him. I may sneak down incognito and surprise her from the bushes on the forum (if they still have them there), as it will be just a few days before her 80th birthday. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home