Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Sunday, April 24, 2005

colour, time,heim, Habermas & Pope

Had a fairly technical book 'time, temporality, now' edited by Atmanspacher (gosh how I admire that guy!) and for a few years laid it aside as it was not as philosophical as I'd hoped, in the subjective sense, and too abstrusely mathematical. But thumbing through it anew, discovered the essay by Von Weizacker, teacher of Heim and slogged through it in the hope of gleaning an insight into Heim's weird notation. To an extent I was successful, and Von W has his own charms: after Heim's calculus W's is positively childish. Philosophy is in at the mo, as Ben-16 is a theologian-philosopher and crossed friendly swords with Habermas a few years ago - they could argue and curse (if need-be) in their native tongue together. I wonder should I send some links to my philosophical musings to the new incumbent. Better not - he's no time for that sort of thing now, unfortuantely. C'est la vie.
In a more general sense, each day is time to appreciate anew the beauty of colour and the Spring foliage and blooms. Hard to believe that we had snow just a few weeks ago, now that the green woodpecker is here again with her shrill cry.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Childproofing Tampa said...

I liked your blog thanks for sharing this.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home