Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Makes you think

Yeah, those (see last posting) were exercises in positive thinking - but looking back I did indeed have much to rejoice in during the last year. Today could also be referred to in the same vein, as we had a nice visit to our favourite vegetarian restaurant on this final day before school starts up again. After meal (which was good though we got the spinach and not aubergine dish) nice walks down by the river - playing with the girls on island in Modau in Eberstadt. Then N & B go off for a walk and I help C to throw stones at sticks floating in river - during which we traverse the length of the sprawling island and cement parent-child relationship. Ditto for N when she returns and suggests we walk back to P over the sand dunes. That was better this time as I'd my new running shoes and not the unsuitable footware of yore. Saw the glowing green moss and a woodpecker after we heard him above the roar of the passing train by the tracks. Talk on the biology of Lichens and telling her to tread softly in the dunes as the rare alpine plants, remnants of the ice age, were in danger from our bumbling feet. Exhausted upon return, revived by waffles and tea. Fell asleep as tired from cat night, beer and fresh air. Now final plane reserving for August Ireland and blogging to boot. Besides all which, I like ever more what I see in my book, Grannies and Time Machines, despite a few typos undetected before. Yes, I have stories in there to answer a host of themes - one was tailor made to fit the slightly depressing though ultimately uplifting GEO docs last night on disappearance of species and threat of filthy oil companies to the jungle paradise of Indians of southern Ecuador. The illustrations in my book are also delightful, as Jordi made me realise the other day. What oh, eh, old chap? Whisht arra gow arrra that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home