Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Interesting stuff on Mir. Yes, the Russians are often more open to alternative therapies. I just read a review in the latest JSE of scandals in the health system - chelation is a favourite. Also, low levels of radioactivity have been shown to be statistically beneficial. There was another review of 'The trouble with
physics' and 'Not even wrong' which agreed with the sentiments. I actually sent a mail to Smolin congratulating him on the book
and asking why Heim was not mentioned as he fulfiulled the 5 criteria for solving the problems of physics. I attached the mail and response below.

On Steorn, things proceed apace. The jury has been testing since Jan 1 and the signs are they have found no
error yet. The insider 'Crank' will speak to one of the members of 'Jury mark 0' next week to ask about his experience with the Steornometer.
I'll be fascinated to hear what he had to say.

Also, the top people in Steorn are going bald for charity! To help Czernobyl children....

http://www.steorn.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=43151&page=2#Item_39

In fiction, I just finished the sequel to Eragon (Eldest) by Paolini - not bad as an amalgam of Lord of the Rings & Anne McCaffrey. On non-fiction I am still on Chopra's Afterlife - his views on creationism have dampened my enthusiasm for him, however. The Road to reality is always simmering on the back burner. Let's see if I get into that Private Developers' club of Steorn - only 200 allowed, though there are scare more than that posting to the forum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home