Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Friday, April 29, 2005

Book in space shop & genome

Good - I am now allowed to sell my book, Grannies and Time Machines, ISBN 1-905277-15-6 via the space shop - oh yeah, must see about getting a better mug-shot for the poster. Then all I need is the next shipment from PABD of copies of the book and I'll be ready to roll.
Not to mention Ian bought another copy. It was his suggetion with the shop and not a bad one at that.

Next - the genome: flame on after seeing that Sci-Am had another article trying to conjure the rabbit out of a 1 megabyte hat. Ha! I think in my next essay I will emphasise the twin anomalies - extreme complexity from only 20,000 genes or 1 MByte, and subjective consciousness. Both point in the direction of something beyond matter - as I said, flame is on there and I may have to go in and edit Wikipedia accordingly. As if the burkhard Heim flame war wasn't enough.

sorry for negecting this old blog a bit - been a bit busy submitting stuff to Ukauthors.com -
at least there people read your stuff - here I might as well be whistling in the dark.
Are you there, dear reader?
Make yourself known unto me, forsooth.

P.S. Humid cycle home, still have the cold - 7 days with medicine and a wet week without, and it has been wet - could only cycle yesterday and today. M's goodbye drink on Tuesday - his good wines Spaetburgunder mit Predikat went down a treat, but the gathering was a bit stiff nonetheless - especially when mr. F played his usual trick of psych war - thus we breathed collective sigh of reief when said he was not successor. 'Nuff said. C to go on class trip 3 days next week. Gotta ring argentinian brother re July jaunt... If the cat wants to wake me at 4 or 5 tomorrow well and good - it's the weekend. Gone the daystaht I danced in the may - maybe will suss out the vibes there again - I long for the exegesis of ecstatic movement to sublime music - even if it is the rock frowned on by Ratzinger - though he jams it up with Mozart - all music is a gift of God or the Celtic deities of the Beltaine Feast - see Mists of Avalon by Marion Bradley for details. over and out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home