Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Theology on the terrace

Let’s see – where are my notes for fair copy? Ah yes, a bookmark in Ratziner/Metz/Moltman/Goodman-Thau. What better on Corpus Christi than to relax into scholastic theology. And to my delight I find that the pope is a fine writer. Now for that entry… I was turning away from the table with a cup of coffee in one hand while with the other hand I switched off the light hanging over the breakfast table. I did this because the morning light on this fine spring day had become quite strong already. However as I did so, I could almost feel brain cells powering down and a corresponding diminution in the amount of dopamine or similar neurotransmitter. At the same time, however, I was inside the feeling. Later I relaxed with my Ratzinger. And a thundering good read it is too. He knows his way round Aquinas, Adorno, Teilhard de Chardin etc. No wonder he made pope. I felt justified in reading this as the Corpus Christi procession went past, with the sun glinting on the monstrance. And the brass instruments of the band. Then I strolled out into the garden to savour the fragrance of our spring plants and the beauty of the roses. It was good light for painting, so I added some more vibrant colours to the surreal space-scape to the sound of Kitaro wafting onto the terrace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home