Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

meeting Will, Gaby, John & co.

I met a guy from Oxford doing something at Eumetsat with an interferometer at a salsa event in the Bessunger Knabenschule last night, where we were with Wil , Gaby & Denis. John was with us at the Indian restuarant before but retired early as he was to present something at a meeting the next day... Anyway, the Oxonian's thesis had to do with superconductors and he was enthusiastic about Rupert Sheldrake and morphic resonance - apparently old boy Sheldrake is held in esteem by some Oxonians, proud of him despite his notoriety...
As I mentioned last night, I intend to quantify some of Sheldrake's assertions about the genome not having enough information to form the body, brain & mind. This will go into my new book - 70 pages so far - which I hope to complete this year.

John was saying it was difficult to think of what to write in the blog: I said I sometimes think of ideas cycling through the forest to work. Reminds me - saw a buzzard as tiredly cycled this morning. I was tired as I didn't leave the Salsa until midnight and had to drive my daughter to school at 07:15. The majestic bird of prey startled me by taking off from very near ground level and glining through the trees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home