Name:
Location: Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany

I'm a sort of creative person, seeking the meaning of life . Hard to capture the essence of the mind/brain/soul - but I delight in arguing with ultra-materialists on consciousness. Ah! the smell of a rose and its redness, the smell of a fine wine, a sunset, - great stuff, and all subjective. Oh yeah and actually am Scorpio by 4 hours according to expert astrologer friend - blogger auto-star-sign system missed the fact that I'm on the cusp. Though I agree with Casius when he said "the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings".

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Vivaturi te salutant!

I'll have to ask my daughter later if the Latin is right. I wanted to give the opposite of the old gladiatorial salute to Caesar before the fight. It was because I had passed Edwin on the bike just after a slightly ambiguous encounter with a car after racing down the hill to the junction. I said "Good Morning!" to him, thinking at first "Moraturi te salutant" but that seemed to negative. Hence the update.

Yes, John has inspired me to augment the frequency of blog entries. Momo the cat slept on my bed all night and was patient enough while I showered before letting her down for a snack before going out into the foggy morning. Would a computer make head or tail of the last sentence? One wonders. Yet the human mind is ticking over these grammatical formulations embedded in social complexities that computer can't even dream of. In the early morning I often think of puns. Like before c5 = b4 c5 ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice descriptive passage - but the pun? Er...

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home